30 May 2018
To show a beautiful smile is normally related with having a good oral health, but even if you take care about mouth and teeth health, maybe you will need extra help to show that “perfect smile” that we are craving for.
The main aesthetic problems that can happen and that will need treatment are:
- Dental asymmetry: The specialised doctor of IMED Dental in Maxillofacial Surgery is the one who can diagnose correctly and plan the most suitable face asymmetry treatment, with Orthognathic Surgery or Orthognathic surgery combined with orthodontics.
- Anterior teeth spacing: also called diastema and is normally caused by a mismatch between the size of the upper jaw and the teeth: if these are too small compared with the bone, there would be inter-dental spaces called diastema.
- Colour change on the teeth: Teeth can experience colour changes because of different causes: genetic, trauma, plaque… The most suitable thing, facing a colour change on baby teeth or permanents, is to come to IMED Dental to evaluate your causes.
- Teeth break: Treatment for a broken or chipped tooth will depend on the severity of the damage. If only there is a small broken portion of the enamel, the reparation can be done in just one visit normally. A tooth very damaged or broken can require a longer procedure and more complicated.
Teeth whitening is a technique based in a chemical procedure which objective is lightning pigmentation of the teeth enamel, lightening some colour tones of teeth.
It is a simple procedure and that, following the instructions of a dentist; it doesn’t have any risks, only aesthetic benefits.
There are different teeth whitening types. Depending on the location where it is going to be performed we can distinguish among:
- Professional teeth whitening performed in consultation
- Outpatient teeth whitening or at home, with monitoring and instructions of a professional.
Combined teeth whitening is presented as an excellent option to reach personalised, safe and fast results.
Beautiful teeth and whiter with the synergistic combination of both whitening techniques applied in two stages:
- Clinic stage: the dentist makes an initial session with the photo-activated activation technique. This procedure lights and improves brightness in one session of 45 minutes. The technology used is LED because it produces a fast acceleration with the highest safety.
- Home phase: the treatment is completed by the patient at home. For this, the dentist give him some individual splints and a whitening agent (hydrogen peroxide or carabamide) that should use following doctor’s instruction. Normally it takes 15 days at home to improve results.